Before You Apply
Visit our Getting Started page for information about getting started at Texas State University Round Rock Campus (RRC).
Texas State Transfer Admission Requirements (for students with over 30 transferable hours)
To be considered for transfer admission, Texas State University requires students to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum 2.25 GPA in all transferable course work
- Must be eligible to return to all previous institutions (e.g., free of suspensions, dismissal or enforce withdrawal)
Earlier deadlines and additional application requirements pertain to some of Texas State’s degree programs. Please click on any of the following degrees for additional program specific admission requirements.
Admission Priority Dates
How to Apply to Texas State University to Attend the Round Rock Campus
To be considered for transfer admission, students must complete the following application steps and requirements:
- ApplyTexas Application: Go to www.ApplyTexas.org to complete Part I of the Transfer Application. Only Part I is required; an essay and listing of work history/extracurricular activity is NOT required.
- Submit Transcripts: Texas State requires an official transcript from EACH college or university attended in addition to your high school transcript. Please note that you are responsible for contacting each school and requesting the transcript. In order to expedite the process, it is recommended that you electronically transfer an official transcript from each school to Texas State University. You may mail your official transcripts to Undergraduate Admissions: 429 N. Guadalupe Street San Marcos, TX 78666.
- Pay the Application Fee: There is a non-refundable application fee. (A fee waiver is available if you have full Pell Grant eligibility.)
- Monitor Admission Status: You may monitor your Admission Status Online. Keep in mind that the application process takes up to several weeks for processing. Admissions will update your status once a decision has been made in addition to sending you an email notifying you of your admission decision and next steps.
Upon admission to Texas State, your next step is to sign up for New Student Orientation (NSO). Completing NSO is required of all students before they can enroll at Texas State University. Participating in orientation helps you know what to expect when you arrive on campus and become familiar with the many resources we have available to ensure your success.
Financial Aid (if desired)
If you are planning to utilize Financial Aid to pay for your tuition and fees, we recommend that you submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible. Ensure you include Texas State University’s School Code, which is 003615. Submit your FAFSA no later than January 15 each year to maximize your eligibility. Go to www.finaid.txstate.edu for the application steps, requirements and details regarding Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Round Rock Campus
Round Rock Campus Admissions: 512.716.4001