Academic Advisors help you create and navigate your academic experience at Texas State.
Graduate Academic Advising at the Round Rock Campus:
If you are a prospective student and have questions about admissions requirements, please contact The Graduate College at 512.245.2581 and visit gradcollege.txstate.edu
For a list of Graduate Advisors by program and contact information, please click here.
Certificate Programs (Undergraduate & Graduate)
Academic Advising at the Round Rock Campus:
For a list of Certificate Program Advisors and contact information,
please click here.
Undergraduate Academic Advising
at the Round Rock Campus:
Academic Advising is conducted by appointment only. Appointments are conducted in the One Stop Center (Suite 201 in the Avery Building) for currently admitted undergraduate Round Rock Campus majors except Nursing. Nursing advising takes place in the St. David’s School of Nursing.
If you have not yet been officially accepted to Texas State University, please go to our Request for More Information
page or contact 512.716.4001. If you are seeking advising from Austin Community College, please click here
for more information.
Don’t forget to review the Advising Syllabus for more information about academic advising, related resources, and expectations at the RRC.
ACADEMIC ADVISING - Avery Building, Suite 201
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am-7:00pm
The Texas State University Round Rock Campus provides academic advising in these programs:
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR APPOINTMENTS:
Please call the number below to schedule an appointment. We are not able to accommodate scheduling appointments through email.
ACADEMIC ADVISING - St. David’s School of Nursing
Monday – Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR APPOINTMENTS:
Sheryl Gage, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Tips for Preparing for Your Advising Appointment:
1. Write down what courses you plan to take next semester or any questions you have about your current registration.
2. Review your degree audit report and planner from any previous
3. Think about what you hope to gain from the appointment and come prepared with questions to make the most of your time with your advisor.
All currently enrolled students are required to have an active Texas State email address (Net ID) and are encouraged to check it regularly for important announcements, notices, updates, changes, and official correspondence.
- Currently enrolled students are required to use their Texas State email address when corresponding with an advisor.
- All correspondence with an advisor must include the student’s Texas State A-ID number.
- Emails and voicemails to an advisor are typically answered within 24-48 hours. If you would prefer a faster response, please schedule an advising appointment.
- It is imperative that you are on time to your appointments. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, you must notify the One Stop Center or the Advisor at least four hours in advance. If you fail to give four hours’ notice or if you do not attend your appointment, your absence will be noted as a No-Show.
- After three No-Shows, you will forfeit the right to schedule appointments in advance and will only be able to schedule and attend same-day appointments.
Same-day appointments are based on advisor availability, are not guaranteed and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for the appointment, you will need to reschedule unless the advisor approves the late appointment.
All newly accepted Texas State students intending to pursue their degree primarily at the Round Rock Campus (RRC) are required to meet with an academic advisor at the RRC prior to registering for New Student Orientation. Texas State advisors meet with students on an appointment only basis.
To make an advising appointment, please call 512.716.4040 and let the staff know you are a newly admitted student.
Students planning to pursue a degree in Nursing should follow the application process outlined on the Nursing webpage
. If you have specific questions after admittance, contact the St. David’s School of Nursing directly at 512.716.2900.