Academic Advisors help you create and navigate your academic experience at Texas State.
Undergraduate Academic Advising at the Round Rock Campus:
Undergraduate academic advisors are available to assist you with course selection, long range planning and degree requirement verification. The RRC offers advising for Applied Arts & Sciences (BAAS), Computer Science (BA and BS), Criminal Justice (BSCJ), General Studies (BGS), Interdisciplinary Studies certifying in EC-6/ESL (BS), Management (BBA), Mass Communication (BA), and Psychology (BA) majors.
Round Rock Campus Advisors specialize in a specific set of Round Rock Campus programs. Your Advisor will be determined by your program of interest. Academic Advising is conducted by appointment only. Appointments are held in the Student Services Suite (Room 201 in the Avery Building) for currently admitted undergraduate Round Rock Campus majors except Nursing. Nursing advising takes place in the St. David’s School of Nursing.
To schedule an advising appointment, please call 512.716.4001. To schedule an appointment for Nursing, please call 512.716.2933. We cannot accommodate scheduling appointments via email.
Graduate and Certificate Advising at the Round Rock Campus:
As a graduate or certificate student, you will
work with a program specific Advisor.
For a list of Graduate Advisors by program and contact information, please click here.
For a list of Certificate Program Advisors and
contact information, please click here.
Tips for Preparing for Your Advising Appointment:
1. Write down what courses you plan to take next semester or any questions you have about your current registration.
2. Review your transcript evaluation or degree audit report and planner from any previous appointment.
3. Think about what your goals are for the appointment and come prepared with questions to make the most of your time with your advisor.
Important Email Policy
All currently enrolled students are required to have an active Texas State email address (Net ID) and are encouraged to check it regularly for important announcements, notices, updates, changes, and official correspondence.
- Currently enrolled students are required to use their Texas State email address when corresponding with any employee of the university.
- All correspondence with an Advisor must include the student’s Texas State A-ID number.
- Emails and voicemails to an Advisor are typically answered within 24-48 hours.
Advising Appointment Attendance Policy
It is imperative that you are on time to your appointments in order to properly cover all the relevant topics. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, you must notify Student Services at 512.716.4001 at least four hours in advance. If you fail to give four hours’ notice or if you do not attend your appointment, your absence will be noted as a No-Show. If you are more than 10 minutes late for the appointment, you will need to reschedule unless the advisor approves the late appointment.