Office of Disability Services
A Student Specialist can assist you at the Round Rock Campus with any disability services you may require.
For more information: ods.txstate.edu
Meet Bryttne Lowden, Supervisor of Student Services for the RRC. Bryttne can answer questions regarding Financial Aid, Student Business Services or Disability Services and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.716.4007.
Process for Students with Disabilities not Registered with the Office of Disability Services (ODS)
- Fill out the Confidential Student Information Form. Registration for services with ODS require this form.
- Send any available documentation of the student’s disability to our office, email email@example.com, or fax at 512.716.4110. You may upload your documentation when you fill out the confidential student information form.
- The ODS office in San Marcos will review the need for accommodations and support services based on the student's disability documentation and disability-based need.*
- Following a review of the disability documentation, you will be contacted by RRC Student Services to schedule an appointment to review your approved accommodations in accordance with Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 and university policy.
- The student may call RRC Student Services at 512.716.4001 or come in person to Avery 201 to schedule an appointment to meet with the ODS specialist.
- Arrive 5 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment at ODS in Avery 201.
- After meeting with an ODS specialist, the student may sign up for Special Group’s Registration and request their Accommodation Letter here in our office. The Accommodation Letter will be ready within 72 hours.
*According to UPPS No. 07.11.01, under Procedures for Providing Accommodations to Students on the Basis of a Disability, the ODS has up to 30 business days of receipt of the documentation to decide appropriate accommodations.
Process for Students with Disabilities Registered with the ODS
1. Prior to the start of a new semester go to, http://www.ods.txstate.edu/ and click the “Request your Accommodation Letter” button. Complete the required information to request your accommodation letters and sign up for special groups registration.
2. Once complete please call the One Stop Center at 512.716.4001 or email Bryttne Lowden at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to pick up your accommodation letter and signature pages.
3. After you have obtained the signatures of all your professors please return the completed forms to RRC One Stop Center, Avery 201.
4. The RRC Disability Specialist will then send an electronic copy to each of your professors. Remember, the letter and completed forms must be returned to establish services for the semester.