Before You Apply
Visit our Getting Started page for information about getting started at Texas State University Round Rock Campus (RRC). To ensure a smooth transfer to the Round Rock Campus, you must be 90% complete with your core and lower-level requirements for your Round Rock program of interest prior to beginning courses at the RRC.
Interested in learning more about the RRC? Attend a Bobcat Day information session.
Texas State Transfer Admission Requirements (for students with over 30 transferable hours)
To be considered for transfer admission, Texas State University requires students to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum 2.25 GPA in all transferable course work
- Must be eligible to return to all previous institutions (e.g., free of suspensions, dismissal or enforce withdrawal)
Earlier deadlines and additional application requirements pertain to some of Texas State’s degree programs. Please click on any of the following degrees for additional program specific admission requirements.
Admission Priority Dates
How to Apply to Texas State University to Attend the Round Rock Campus
To be considered for transfer admission, students must complete the following application steps and requirements:
- ApplyTexas Application: Go to www.ApplyTexas.org to complete Part I of the Transfer Application. Only Part I is required; an essay and listing of work history/extracurricular activity is NOT required. (Show your interest in attending the RRC by selecting your desired campus as the “Round Rock Campus” toward the end of the application.)
- Submit Transcripts: Texas State requires an official transcript from EACH college or university attended in addition to your high school transcript. Please note that you are responsible for contacting each school and requesting the transcript. In order to expedite the process, it is recommended that you obtain a sealed, official transcript from each school and drop them off at the RRC, Avery 201. You may also mail your official transcripts to Undergraduate Admissions: 429 N. Guadalupe Street San Marcos, TX 78666.
- Pay the Application Fee: There is a non-refundable application fee. (A fee waiver is available if you have full Pell Grant eligibility.)
- Monitor Admission Status: You may monitor your admission status online at www.admissions.txstate.edu/statuscheck. Keep in mind that the application process takes up to several weeks for processing. Admissions will update your status once a decision has been made in addition to sending you an email notifying you of your admission decision and next steps.
Upon admission to Texas State, your next step is to sign up for New Student Orientation (NSO) and select ‘Transfer Session 93–Round Rock.’ Once you have signed up for NSO, you will receive an email with a link to the Round Rock Campus Online Orientation. Please complete the orientation and submit the short quiz at the end.
Within one to two business days of receiving your completed orientation quiz, an Admissions Representative will contact you to schedule your new student advising appointment with the Round Rock Campus Academic Advisor for your program of interest. During your appointment, your Advisor will determine your core satisfaction requirements and assist you with developing an educational plan.
Financial Aid (if desired)
If you are planning to utilize Financial Aid to pay for your tuition and fees, we recommend that you submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible. Ensure you include Texas State University’s School Code, which is 003615. Submit your FAFSA no later than March 15 each year to maximize your eligibility. Go to www.finaid.txstate.edu for the application steps, requirements and details regarding Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Round Rock Campus
Round Rock Campus Admissions: 512.716.4030